Founders Factory Africa's Head of Venture Design, Malanee Hutton joins this conversation with alums, Phakamani Mbatha, Riskblog Founder, Nzwisisa Chidembo to distil knowledge and insights into what it takes to build ventures from scratch.
Not So Secret Sauce S1 EP 2 - Building Ventures from scratch
Featured guests include Malanee Hutton, who recently snagged a role as Head of Venture Design at Founders Factory Africa, where she is identifying and forming new business opportunities across the FinTech, AgriTech and HealthTech verticals.
Phakamani Mbatha, who transitioned from his Product Management role at Founders Factory Africa to becoming a Product Manager at healthtech startup, Trigerrise and consulting for Nkinga Global, which helps insurance companies build value-added services within the digital space.
Lastly, Nzwisisa Chidembo joins us. He is the Founder and CEO of blockchain analytics startup, Riskbloq, which was built at the Founders Factory Africa Headquarters in Johannesburg.
They distill knowledge and insights into what it takes to build ventures and embark on the elusive startup journey.
What to look forward to in this episode:
- What motivated your to move from a full-time lead role to begin your founder/startup journey? [05:35]
- In your opinion, what is the secret sauce to the ecosystem support that leads to founder or startup success? [07:29]
- What are some oversimplifications made about the venture-building process? [25:55]
- What is the most valuable takeaway from being in a corporate lead role to heading up a startup? [36:17]
- What are key partnership strategies or nuggets you would advise early-stage founders to adopt? [38:42]
- How significant is packaging and messaging of the product as an essential component to the success of a startup? [40:15]
CONNECT VIA SOCIAL MEDIA:
Follow Malanee Hutton on Linkedin.
Follow Phakamani Mbatha on Linkedin.
Follow Nzwisisa Chidembo Linkedin.